Discord Server

.. Online Now

PLAY.REXKRAFT.NET

.. Players Online

Maroo_ForReal Staff Application

TheRealMaroo

Registered
Application Format:

1. Have you read, and comply with the Terms & conditions?
Yes, I have read and will comply with the Terms and Conditions as stated in the application link.

2. What server are you applying for? (RexKraft/SilkyCraft)
I will help where needed, but spend most of my time on RexKraft.

3. How old are you? (Need to be at least 16 Years old)
I will be 47 in a couple of weeks! (Prime year!)

4. What is your Minecraft In-Game Name?
Maroo_ForReal

5. What are you Applying for? (Eg: T-Mod, Mod, etc.)
Helper

6. What is your Timezone?
US Central Standard Time

7. Why do you want to be staff?
I just want to help the server. I have been staff before on another server and find that it is a good way to get to know new players and help the server. A lot of those players play here, so I came over here when I started playing again.

8. How much time do you have to contribute to the role?
I am single. No kids, unless you count my dog. I have a lot of free time and I spend most of it on here!

9. Do you have a Microphone?
Yes

10. Do you have any past staff experience?
Yes. I played on Tragic (a server that no longer exists). I started as lower staff and was promoted to Admin. I really enjoyed the investigative type work and helping monitor new players.

11. How would you deal with a hacker?
I would follow the rules and guidelines as determined by Rex. I assume there is progressive discipline on this server, as I have seen other staff use that model.

12. How would you deal with a spammer in chat?
Again, I would follow the rules and guidelines determined by Rex. In the past we would warn a player, then do a short mute, possibly a little jail time. The main goal, in my opinion, is to help teach the players.

13. How would you handle a "difficult" player?
It depends on how they are being difficult. I grew up as a "difficult" kid, so I have a bit of a soft spot for helping players that others may find difficult. Typically we would need to find out if they were being malicious with intent to harm the server or other players. It could be that the person is just young and needs a little direction or assistance in learning and following the rules. We want to make it a pleasant experience for everyone in the end.

14. Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I am not sure you should. I have not read any of the other applications. That is totally up to you! My feelings won't be hurt if I am not chosen. But I am on here all the time and there was a request for more helpers, so I applied. :)

15. Is there anything else we should know?
Although my time zone is US CST, I find myself playing sometimes in the middle of the night when most of the world is either sleeping or working. So that may be of some assistance to have more staff on at "odd" hours. I also work from home nearly every day now and pop on and off the server when I get some spare time or am on hold with an insurance company for a long time. Most of my weekends are spent playing Minecraft, too. This is the only server I play on.