Registered
What is your username?
SquallyBox

When were you banned?
Today 3/27/2020

Why were you banned?
Disrespect/harassment.

Do you understand why you were banned?
Yes, although I think a ban was too swift. I was muted and banned shortly after without given a chance to reform. I know the mute "was my chance" but I wasn't told why I was muted either so I didn't understand that a specific player was having an issue with me.

Have you ever been banned before?
Not that I know of, I was apparently banned from the discord for trolling, but it must have been a long time ago because honestly I don't remember it at all.

Will you follow the rules again in the future?
Yes, the player(s) I was "harassing" I had falsely thought was okay with the verbal jabs I was dealing. I would also like to say that although my comments can be obnoxious sometimes, they aren't rude or meant to make people feel bad at all. I rarely break the rules, and when I do they are borderline and not in bad taste. I really like this server, and I would not jeopardize being able to play on it if I knew I could restrain myself. After I was muted I made remarks to another player thinking they were okay with me trolling them a bit, but shortly after discovered they were in fact not okay with it. Continuing to bother someone who has asked you to stop is harassment, and I would never have continued had I known they wanted me to stop, because it is not my intention to harass any player, ever.

I would also like to add that I asked a staff member for a specific thing I said so I could know what types of things I say crossed the line, and I got no response. I'm not trying to blame this staff member at all, but if this staff member had made me aware that the comments that "crossed the line" were to a specific player, or would have let me know of a specific player complaining about me in the first place, then I would have quickly been able to recognize and stop my actions. I think I should have been given clarification of this in some form before I was banned, especially since I asked for clarification. I really don't want to get banned, even though I know I can act up sometimes in chat. I really like the community and server, and don't want to cause trouble, so I would like to add I will really tone it down if unbanned. Since I don't typically break the rules, and the only rules I have danced with are dealing with chat, I would ask that even if myself being allowed to chat with the community isn't to be considered at this time, that you would allow me to play while temp-muted (or I guess perm-muted if you really think I am that toxic and uncapable of change).

TL;DR: I was banned for harassment, however at the time of my ban I didn't know my comments were being taken as harassment by another player. I would've stopped immediately had I known from that player or staff about this. I now know who was bothered by me, and therefore I have a relative understanding of what I said that crossed the line, but this knowledge came to me after it was "too late". I was muted before being banned, but the mute did nothing as I wasn't made aware the specific problem I was eventually banned for. I really hope you can see I'm not just a toxic player and that I'm willing to change my behavior if it means getting to remain in this awesome community.

SquallyBox

Registered
P.S: I cannot see the ban message, because when I try to join the server it never loads, just says "Joining Server" constantly. That's why I didn't post the screenshot in my appeal.

Subratrix

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Hello Squally. The staff has talked it over and we have chosen to deny your ban appeal. Not only for this recent occurrence but for past occurrences as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.